"Where Trust is Found"
At Judah’s wall, the foreign herald cries.
He asks what confidence my heart can claim.
He counts the lands no god could ever tame.
My heart stands torn beneath his scornful lies.
He asks what confidence my heart can claim.
He counts the lands no god could ever tame.
My heart stands torn beneath his scornful lies.
Garments torn; my heart falls low in the dust.
I leave the gate and climb to holy ground.
I spread his taunts where only God gives sound.
I ask the Lord, and in His name I trust.
His prophet speaks; God’s answer meets my fear.
By night, His angel moves where pride once rushed.
At dawn we see their camp in stillness hushed.
Our trust now rests in Him who drew us near.
When threats and lies still press on hearts today,
Faith takes their words to God and learns His way.
Content based upon 2 Kings 16–25
No comments:
Post a Comment