Sunday, August 9, 2026

Day of Gladness

"Day of Gladness"

 

I kept my place each morning at the gate,

Till treason whispered low, and I too heard; 

I sent the warning by the queen’s own word,

Recorded, then ignored in realm and state.

 

When Haman wrote in blood his dark decree, 

I tore my robe and bowed beneath my fear,

I sent her word: ‘Stand up; the hour is near,’ 

If none shall rise, our end the world shall see.

 

That night the king lay wakeful through the night, 

They read the scroll; I stood not near the throne; 

My name exalted, Haman’s shame made known, 

Then sorrow’s shadow yielded to the light.

 

So mourning turned to joy on that glad day, 

When Esther dared her life to save our way.

 


Content based upon Esther


AI analysis of the poem


Discussion from Gemini Notebook

This poetic retelling captures the dramatic narrative of Mordecai and Queen Esther as they navigate a lethal conspiracy against their people. The text describes how a loyal gatekeeper uncovered a treacherous plot and urged the Queen to risk her life by appealing to the King. Through a series of providential events, including the King’s overnight discovery of past loyalty, the intended destruction was averted and the villain’s schemes were exposed. The somber atmosphere of fear and mourning ultimately transforms into a celebration of deliverance and courage. By highlighting the shift from a death decree to royal favor, the source illustrates a profound triumph of justice over malice. These verses elegantly summarize the core themes of sacrifice and survival found within the biblical account of Esther.



No comments:

Post a Comment