Sunday, August 16, 2026

Yet Will I Trust

 "Yet Will I Trust"

 

My table once was warm with gathered bread.

Till tidings darkened every window’s light; 

And silence entered like an endless night;

I knelt where love and all my labor fled.

 

My body bends beneath the weight of pain; 

My friends bring words, yet will not hear my cry; 

I cast my question to the silent sky; 

Yet still I wait, though tears and grief remain.

 

Though wrapped in ash, I rise above the dust; 

I know my Savior lives; He is my light. 

He stands beyond the grave and ends the night; 

Though reasons hide, I will remain in trust.

 

Though all I hold may fall and pass from view, 

My faith stands firm, Redeemer, still in You.

 

 

Content based upon Job 1–3; 12–14; 19; 21–24; 38–40; 42


AI Deepdive

Discussion with Notebook AI


Based on the biblical narrative of Job, this poem explores the profound journey from devastating loss to unshakable faith. The speaker describes a life once full of abundance that is suddenly overshadowed by tragedy, physical suffering, and isolation from friends. Despite feeling abandoned by heaven and overwhelmed by grief, the narrator refuses to succumb to despair. Central to the work is a powerful declaration of hope in a living Savior who exists beyond earthly sorrow. The text concludes by emphasizing that spiritual conviction can remain steadfast even when personal understanding fails. Ultimately, the piece serves as a testament to enduring trust amidst the most challenging human trials.





No comments:

Post a Comment